Data on customers of municipal electric utilities are private data on individuals or nonpublic data, but may be released to:
(1) a law enforcement agency that requests access to the data in connection with an investigation;
(2) a school for purposes of compiling pupil census data;
(3) the Metropolitan Council for use in studies or analyses required by law;
(4) a public child support authority for purposes of establishing or enforcing child support; or
(5) a person where use of the data directly advances the general welfare, health, or safety of the public; the commissioner of administration may issue advisory opinions construing this clause pursuant to section 13.072.
Copyright © 2013 by the Office of the Revisor of Statutes, State of Minnesota. All rights reserved.
700 State Office Building, 100 Rev. Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. Blvd., St. Paul, MN 55155 ♦ Phone: (651) 296-2868 ♦ TTY: 1-800-627-3529 ♦ Fax: (651) 296-0569