The commissioner of health shall appoint eight persons to a home care provider advisory council consisting of the following:
(1) three public members as defined in section 214.02 who shall be either persons who are currently receiving home care services or have family members receiving home care services, or persons who have family members who have received home care services within five years of the application date;
(2) three Minnesota home care licensees representing basic and comprehensive levels of licensure who may be a managerial official, an administrator, a supervising registered nurse, or an unlicensed personnel performing home care tasks;
(3) one member representing the Minnesota Board of Nursing; and
(4) one member representing the ombudsman for long-term care.
The advisory council shall be organized and administered under section 15.059 with per diems and costs paid within the limits of available appropriations. Meetings will be held quarterly and hosted by the department. Subcommittees may be developed as necessary by the commissioner. Advisory council meetings are subject to the Open Meeting Law under chapter 13D.
At the commissioner's request, the advisory council shall provide advice regarding regulations of Department of Health licensed home care providers in this chapter, including advice on the following:
(1) community standards for home care practices;
(2) enforcement of licensing standards and whether certain disciplinary actions are appropriate;
(3) ways of distributing information to licensees and consumers of home care;
(4) training standards;
(5) identify emerging issues and opportunities in the home care field, including the use of technology in home and telehealth capabilities;
(6) allowable home care licensing modifications and exemptions, including a method for an integrated license with an existing license for rural licensed nursing homes to provide limited home care services in an adjacent independent living apartment building owned by the licensed nursing home; and
(7) perform other duties as directed by the commissioner.
Copyright © 2014 by the Revisor of Statutes, State of Minnesota. All rights reserved.