Except as provided in subdivision 2, an individual who meets the following requirements at the time of an election is eligible to vote. The individual must:
(1) be 18 years of age or older;
(2) be a citizen of the United States; and
(3) maintain residence in Minnesota for 20 days immediately preceding the election.
The following individuals are not eligible to vote. Any individual:
(1) convicted of treason or any felony whose civil rights have not been restored;
(2) under a guardianship in which the court order revokes the ward's right to vote; or
(3) found by a court of law to be legally incompetent.
Any individual who votes who knowingly is not eligible to vote is guilty of a felony.
Copyright © 2016 by the Revisor of Statutes, State of Minnesota. All rights reserved.