The following acts set out in this section and the causing of such acts within this state are prohibited:
(1) the manufacture, sale, or delivery, holding or offering for sale of any food that is adulterated or misbranded;
(2) the adulteration or misbranding of any food;
(3) the receipt in commerce of any food that is adulterated or misbranded, and the delivery or proffered delivery thereof for pay or otherwise;
(4) the distribution in commerce of a consumer commodity, as defined in section 31.01, subdivision 20, if such commodity is contained in a package, or if there is affixed to that commodity a label, which does not conform to the provisions of law and of rules promulgated pursuant to section 31.101; provided, however, that this prohibition shall not apply to persons engaged in business as wholesale or retail distributors of consumer commodities except to the extent that such persons are engaged in the packaging or labeling of such commodities, or prescribe or specify by any means the manner in which such commodities are packaged or labeled;
(5) the sale, delivery for sale, holding for sale, or offering for sale of any article in violation of section 31.131;
(6) the dissemination of any false advertisement;
(7) the refusal to permit entry or inspection, or to permit the taking of a sample, or to permit access to or copying of any record as authorized by section 31.04;
(8) the giving of a guaranty or undertaking which guaranty or undertaking is false, except by a person who relied on a guaranty or undertaking to the same effect signed by, and containing the name and address of the person residing in the state of Minnesota from whom the relying person received in good faith the food;
(9) the removal or disposal of a detained or embargoed article in violation of section 34A.11;
(10) the alteration, mutilation, destruction, obliteration, or removal of the whole or any part of the labeling of, or the doing of any other act with respect to a food if such act is done while such article is held for sale and results in such article being adulterated or misbranded;
(11) forging, counterfeiting, simulating, or falsely representing, or without proper authority using any mark, stamp, tag, label, or other identification device authorized or required by rules promulgated under the provisions of section 31.101 or of the federal act;
(12) the using by any person to the person's own advantage, or revealing, other than to the commissioner or the commissioner's authorized representative or to the courts when relevant in any judicial proceeding of any information acquired under authority of the Minnesota Food Law concerning any method or process which as a trade secret is entitled to protection; and
(13) the identification or sale as food for human consumption of any product which has previously been labeled or otherwise identified as animal food or seed which has received a seed treatment.
Copyright © 2016 by the Revisor of Statutes, State of Minnesota. All rights reserved.